Magento 2 is now out for a couple of months and since recently I too have begun developing with this new version of the e-commerce platform. On my blog I will set out a series of posts that will cover a lot of topics for those diving into the world of Magento 2 development. This can be the development of modules, themes, templates, etc.
In this article I’ll set out a roadmap of what I am going to be writing about.
The following topics will be covered in this serie:
- Creating a module in Magento 2.
- Adding system configuration.
- Creating helpers.
- Creating blocks.
- Creating widgets.
- Events and observers.
- Creating models and model collections.
- Source models.
- Dependency Injection (Constructor Injection).
- Create database setup scripts.
- Adding menu items to the admin.
- Create an admin grid for your own entities.
- Create admin forms for editing your own entities.
- Creating a new theme.
- Modifying existing layout items.
- Adding new templates to your theme.
- Understanding Magento 2 theme mechanics.
- Utilising Magento 2’s CLI.
- Deploying Magento 2 to a production- or staging server.
- … more to follow …
Of course there are a ton of resources about Magento 2 online. Some of those I also used while learning Magento 2 myself. To give credits to the right people, here are the sources I used:
- Magento 2 developer documentation
- Ash Smith : Magento 2 module from scratch
- Advanced Checkout : How to create an admin grid in Magento 2
- Venus Theme : How to create a Magento 2 widget?
- Magento 2’s own CLI example
Visitors give this article an average rating of 3.7 out of 5.
How would you rate this article?
★ ★ ★ ★ ★